Rob and Helene Vaughn have worked with Interface Ministries (iFace) for nine years.
iFace is a nonprofit educational, Christian organization whose staff and volunteers are committed to serving the international community by creating networks between internationals and culturally sensitive Americans who enjoy cross cultural friendships and the open exchange of ideas.
International pick-up soccer games
Join our pick-up soccer with international men (and a few women). There are 4 small-goal games of 8-on-8. Our hope is that the Americans befriend an international man to share the love of Jesus with them.
Location: MBA Middle School Soccer Field
1. International Soccer - description above
2. Women’s Conversation Group is for international students or wives of students. This summer we will meet at the Vaughn’s home Friday afternoons from 1:30-3:00pm. There will be casual, friendly weekly topics led by Helene. Our goal is to love these women by getting to know them and their culture.
Ways to serve: 2 women who enjoy women from other cultures, pray for the women to know Jesus
3. Nations at Play is a playgroup for international parents with preschool children to play and spend time with American women. They meet from 9:30-11:00am on Wednesdays at West End Community Church. Our goal is to build relationships to love the parents and their kids with the love of Jesus.
Ways to serve: 1-2 women to care for international moms and kids, pray the parents know the love of Jesus
4. Vanderbilt First Friends - Sign up to befriend an international Vanderbilt student for the school year, meeting once per month. Students want to learn American culture while they study here and our goal is to love and serve internationals with the love of Jesus.
Ways to serve: 200 Americans, pray the students see Jesus in the volunteers
5) Vanderbilt program EAT (Experiencing American Tastes) (https://www.vanderbilt.edu/isss/) - American families invite international students to their home to enjoy American food and culture. Students attend the dinner in small groups (2-4 people).
Ways to serve: pray the relationships continue beyond the one meal per month and that by sharing a meal and opening our homes the internationals would know Jesus, 200 Americans to host meals
6) Tutoring programs at NALC (Nashville Adult Literacy Council) The NALC helps adults learn to read and write and iFace works with the English language learners. Nashville’s immigrants or refugees are from all over the world. There are two tutoring programs available. Start now and One-on-One tutoring.
Ways to Serve: 150 Americans who would share their time, energy and love with an international who need help reading and writing the English language, pray that the internationals would experience the love of Jesus through their tutor